The Open-ended Network of IPBES Stakeholders proposes to bring all stakeholders and groups of stakeholders interested in the Intergovernmental Science-Policy Platform on Biodiversity and Ecosystem Service (IPBES) together. The Network aims to facilitate and maximize the effective engagement of stakeholders and knowledge holders in the IPBES process, taking into account the diversity of its members.
ONet main objectives are:
Foster a two-way communication between network members and IPBES;
Disseminate information and material on IPBES products and achievements to a great variety of audiences;
Reach out to a diversity of potential users and providers of information, data, knowledge to increase the relevance and use of the IPBES Platform;
Strengthen support for the Platform’s deliverables from different regions and scientific disciplines;
Mobilize resources for capacity-building; and
Mobilize in-kind contributions from stakeholders.
ONet Terms of Reference
All new ONet members must accept the Network Terms of Reference that are reproduced below.
Social media Terms of Engagement
We invite all ONet members to contribute to the vitality of ONet on social media platforms.
Social media has become an integral and important part of:
- communicating and promoting nature’s role in sustainable development;
- identifying, gathering and generating data and information to inform biodiversity and ecosystem services assessments;
- acting as a knowledge intermediary connecting those working across sectors;
- developing an active relationship (including increasing trust through greater transparency) with stakeholders and target audiences; and
- bridging the science - policy gap, including sharing outcomes and activities of global environmental initiatives (with those in remote areas).
However, some rules are necessary to ensure good practices and to harmonize posts. These rules are presented in the ONet Social Media Terms of Engagement attached. These Terms of Engagement were approved after discussions among the ONet facilitation team and one online consultation of ONet community of members in 2019.