- IPBES8 will take place online 14-24 June 2021
- There will be regional consultations before the plenary, online 7-11 June
- There will also be Stakeholder Days online 3-9 June.
What will happen at IPBES8?
At this important session, the Plenary will consider for approval:
- the scoping report for a thematic assessment of the interlinkages among biodiversity, water, food and health in the context of climate change (nexus assessment)
- a thematic assessment of the underlying causes of biodiversity loss and the determinants of transformative change and options for achieving the 2050 vision for biodiversity (transformative change assessment).
- interim work plans of IPBES task forces for the intersessional period 2021–2022.
- it will also consider financial and budgetary arrangements.
A provisional agenda is available here.
Registration is open for both the IPBES8 plenary and the stakeholder days:
IPBES plenary: https://ipbes.net/ipbes-8/registration
Applying for observer status for organisations
If you represent an organisation, we strongly encourage you to register your organisation for Observer status during your IPBES8 registration. Further details are available here.